Hugo Lopes is a passionate Entrepreneur, Agile Coach and Facilitator and was one of the founders and Chief Operations Officer of a (gourmet) software development and integration company based in Lisbon.
His former company and the projects he has managed have been awarded with several national and international awards. Between 2006 and 2013 he was a member of the board of the Portuguese Project Management Association (APOGEP), and currently a member of the General Assembly Board.
He’s been committed to a personal development journey based on Mindfulness Meditation, Non-violent Communication, and Focusing, tools which he brought to his work contexts and teams.
In the last few years he has studied, practiced and became an ambassador of Art of Hosting – the Art of Participatory Leadership, Sociocracy 3.0 and Bohm Dialogue, tools for evolving effective teams and organisations, based on emotional intelligence, creativity, dialogue, authenticity, connection and co-creation.
Workshop: Sociocracy 3.0 – Growing organisational agility, navigating complexity
Sociocracy 3.0 (also known as S3), a free and open, principles based framework of patterns, supports all aspects of collaboration and gracefully embraces this emerging paradigm. It integrates lean and agile thinking, meets organisations where they are and provides a variety of compatible options to choose from and adapt, according to unique context and needs.
This half-day session will give you a big picture overview of S3, along with the opportunity to experience some of the patterns in practice.
You will discover methods to navigate complexity and maximise value delivery for all – participants, customers and the company.
s3 – a social technology for our time
Classic sociocracy also known as dynamic governance in the U.S. offers an innovative approach to positively grow and continuously improve organisations.
S3 is an evolutionary, principles based framework of patterns that people wishing to collaborate and learn together effectively can practice to improve flow of value and grow happy, successful organisations.
S3 builds on sociocratic practices, integrating influences from Holacracy, Agile, Lean and Non-Violent Communication.
Alongside a reliable and effective framework that effectively taps into the collective intelligence within teams, S3 facilitates co-creativity, fosters transparency and guarantees the equivalence of all participants in decision making.
Short governance iterations with a tight feedback loop (Decide – Do – Review) make self-organisation and dynamic steering achievable both for teams and for the whole organisation.
For more information and open source learning materials, go to sociocracy30.org
Who this workshop is for
- Agile coaches, Project Managers and Scrum Masters.
- Anybody engaged in the Responsive Organisations or Teal Organisations movements.
- Anybody interested in exploring ways of improving self-organisation, ownership, engagement and sense of purpose, while promoting respect, diversity and inclusion.
- Progressive leaders and managers.
- Organisational change agents, consultants and HR.
- Anybody interested in governance models like Sociocracy/Dynamic Governance/Circle Forward.
During this workshop you will
- Get an overview of S3’s core principles and patterns. Find out how they help free potential, supporting system wide, continuous improvement.
- Discover new ways of facilitating to draw out the collective wisdom, insight and creativity of teams.
- Discover how to apply and scale agile governance processes across multiple domains, build reflexivity and nurture positive organisational evolution.
- Learn new patterns you can apply within your teams and organisation that support more effective collaboration.