James Priest is a facilitator, trainer and consultant who enjoys supporting communities, organisations and individuals to thrive.
He combines an engaging style, a grounded approach and a capacity to guide others in “re-membering” their inherent wisdom and potential.
He uses transformational tools such as Non Violent Communication, Way of Council, Inner Voice Dialogue and the Psychology of Selves and is part of a network of innovators collaborating towards the emergence of a more just, sustainable and loving humanity.
James is the co-developer of Sociocracy 3.0, along with Bernhard Bockelbrink.
Invited talk: Sociocracy 3.0 – from agile islands to agile organizations
Sociocracy 3.0 (S3) is a modular framework of patterns for collaboration in organizations that wish to grow and maintain effectiveness, agility and resilience.
During this talk you’ll get the big picture of how pulling in S3 provides a variety of options for moving towards organization wide agility.
Workshop: Sociocracy 3.0 – Growing organisational agility, navigating complexity
Sociocracy 3.0 (also known as S3), a free and open, principles based framework of patterns, supports all aspects of collaboration and gracefully embraces this emerging paradigm. It integrates lean and agile thinking, meets organisations where they are and provides a variety of compatible options to choose from and adapt, according to unique context and needs.
This half-day session will give you a big picture overview of S3, along with the opportunity to experience some of the patterns in practice.
You will discover methods to navigate complexity and maximise value delivery for all – participants, customers and the company.
s3 – a social technology for our time
Classic sociocracy also known as dynamic governance in the U.S. offers an innovative approach to positively grow and continuously improve organisations.
S3 is an evolutionary, principles based framework of patterns that people wishing to collaborate and learn together effectively can practice to improve flow of value and grow happy, successful organisations.
S3 builds on sociocratic practices, integrating influences from Holacracy, Agile, Lean and Non-Violent Communication.
Alongside a reliable and effective framework that effectively taps into the collective intelligence within teams, S3 facilitates co-creativity, fosters transparency and guarantees the equivalence of all participants in decision making.
Short governance iterations with a tight feedback loop (Decide – Do – Review) make self-organisation and dynamic steering achievable both for teams and for the whole organisation.
For more information and open source learning materials, go to sociocracy30.org
Who this workshop is for
- Agile coaches, Project Managers and Scrum Masters.
- Anybody engaged in the Responsive Organisations or Teal Organisations movements.
- Anybody interested in exploring ways of improving self-organisation, ownership, engagement and sense of purpose, while promoting respect, diversity and inclusion.
- Progressive leaders and managers.
- Organisational change agents, consultants and HR.
- Anybody interested in governance models like Sociocracy/Dynamic Governance/Circle Forward.
During this workshop you will
- Get an overview of S3’s core principles and patterns. Find out how they help free potential, supporting system wide, continuous improvement.
- Discover new ways of facilitating to draw out the collective wisdom, insight and creativity of teams.
- Discover how to apply and scale agile governance processes across multiple domains, build reflexivity and nurture positive organisational evolution.
- Learn new patterns you can apply within your teams and organisation that support more effective collaboration.